Library and Information Science Practical Questions
- Is there any reading room for the users in the library/Information Centre?
Ans: Yes, The reading areas have been created for readers on this floor at three different places which may house about 200 people.
- Whether there is open access system or close access system?
Ans: Open Access
- Is the catalogue manual or computerized?
4. What is the purpose of a call number of a book?
Ans: A call number is an address that tells where the book is kept in the library. The call number is written from top to bottom or from left to right.
5. How does an Automated system save the time of the Users?
Ans – Automated system increased computer awareness among users. Excellent control over circulation.
6. What are the 3 types of catalogue?
Ans:There are three types of inner forms of a catalogue, viz. alphabetical, classified and alphabetico-classed. Author, Name, Title, Subject and Dictionary catalogue fall in the category of an alphabetical catalogue. A Classified Catalogue is so named because it is arranged in a classified order.
7. What are the types of catalogue?
Ans: The four types of library catalogues are listed below.
- Card catalogue.
- Book catalogue.
- COM catalogue.
- On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
8. What is the purpose of a call number of a book ?
Ans:A call number is an address that tells where the book is kept in the library. The call number is written from top to bottom or from left to right
9. What does the acronym FRBR stand for?
Ans: Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records
10. What are the 2 types of library classification?
Ans: The two main library classification systems are the Dewey Decimal system and the Library of Congress system