Physical education Viva questions with Answer
Physical education is one of the easiest subjects and the viva of physical education is also very simple. It basically depends on the examiner. Examiner generally ask basic questions from the syllabus. The questions are also being asked from the sport which you have chosen and about which you have written in your practical file ( basically about rules and regulations of that game and also sometimes measurements of the field for that game ). The questions can also be asked about various injuries in sports and also about postural deformities and various asanas for them. They can also ask about the benefits of some particular asanas for our body. Some questions with answer are given below.
Note: In viva questions are asked from both 11th and 12th book along with ur practical file contents
1.Physical education definition, aim and objective
Ans: Physical education is a course taught in school that focuses on developing physical fitness and the ability to perform and enjoy day-to-day physical activities with ease. Kids also develop skills necessary to participate in a wide range of activities, such as soccer, basketball, or swimming.
Aims and objectives of Physical Education
(i) To develop the organic systems of the body.
(ii) To develop euro-muscular co-ordination or skill.
(iii) To develop right attitude towards and physical activities in general.
(iv) To develop a desirable social attitudes and conduct.
(v) Development of psychomotor skills.
(vi) Development of understanding and appreciation of the techniques and strategies of sports.
Explain due importance of Yoga?
- Physical Purity: In mean cleanliness of internal body and in yoga we are able to purify our internal organs with different yogic / shuddhi kriyas.
- Postural Deformities: Good Posture is imp for leading a good physical appearance and it can be maintained by yoga. If we do Yoga daily, we can prevent our body from various postural Deformities.
- Prevention from Diseases: Through due regularity of yoga we can prevent from various disease fighting Resistance.
- Enhancing Flexibility: If we do yoga a sans daily so we can enhance our flexibility which are very imp for leading a healthy life. It prevent us from injuries and sports and body movement become quick.
- Mental Relaxation: Yoga is helpful for reducing mental stress everybody waits to free from anger, anxiety and emotional disturbances which is possible by the regular practice of yoga.
- Reduce Obesity: Through the yogic exercises we can reduce obesity and make our body fit.
- Will power & Confidence: Through meditation mind can be trained to concentrate in one direction. All the distractions are eliminated and persons get mental power.
Explain some asanas ?
Ans: Asanas are the first and the most important stage of yoga. They are specific body postures practised to keep the body healthy. Asanas help in exercising every muscle, nerve and gland of the body and are thus highly useful in maintaining physical fitness.
Some of the asanas are discussed below:
Padmasana means lotus posture. This asana gives the appearance of a lotus. It is the best asana for contemplation.
Steps to follow
- Sit on the ground by spreading the legs forward.
- Place the right foot on the left thigh and the left foot on the right thigh.
- Place the hands on the knee joints as shown in the figure.
- Keep the body,back and head hand erect.
- Eyes should be closed.
- It helps in improving concentration and memory.
- It helps to preserve vital fluids in the body.
- It prevents abdominal disease and female disorders.
- It brings peace and longevity
On performing this asana sensation is felt in the body.We should do the movement in relaxed manner. Inhale slowly and exhale slowly. While drawing the abdominal region inwards and expanding the chest, focus the attention on breathing.
Steps to follow
1. With knees, ankles and big toes touching the ground, take a kneeling position.
2. One should sit on the heels and place palms on the knees as shown in the figure.
3. Draw the abdominal region inside and expand the chest.
1. The blood pressure patients will benefit from this asana.
2. It also strengthens the spine.