Days ahead of CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 examination, several students across the country are demanding that the CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 examinations should be conducted online as they are yet to receive the COVID-19 vaccine dose.
Taking to Twitter, many students openly criticised the CBSE’s decision to hold CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 in pen and paper mode.
Many students demanded that the CBSE should cancel CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 examination due to COVID-19 pandemic, others said that CBSE should conduct exams online. The students said that Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan should take up this matter and direct the CBSE to conduct CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 examinations online.
“Students are not vaccinated yet, don’t use us as lab experiments”, a CBSE student wrote on Twitter. Another student claimed that they are being forced to sit in exams. “Sir what about students who are forced to do offline exams? Who will take the responsibility of 36 lakh students gathering together for the examination? We want an answer”, he wrote.
In a related development, some students have also launched online petition to either cancel the CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 examinations or conduct them online. “Taking the exams offline (CBSE and CICSE) is a huge mistake. If you need more time to correct the online examination program, please do so. But risking students’ lives is absolutely not worth it”, students said in the online petition at change.org.
We request the concerned authorities to consider cancelling the upcoming NIOS exams for the following reasons :
1. Many Students have not received their Study Materials or Books.
2. NIOS Board’s Study Centres were closed for more than 1 and a half year.
3. There were no Online Classes for students to at least clear their Doubts.
4. Many State Boards even CBSE Board had reduced its Syllabus for their students but
NIOS did not reduce anything.
5. NIOS has not altered its examination pattern unlike CBSE. CBSE conducted MCQ
based examinations for its Students.
6. NIOS did not declare any notification for keeping the study centres as the exam
centre for students convenience rather have given the students a different exam centre to its students.
7. Many Student from NIOS board are suffering from different illness such as
Depression, Mental Pressure, High Stress due to no proper guidance regarding their studies or their exam cancellation.
8. We most of students are not even vaccinated yet! As we are students of NIOS
October batch 2020-2021 due to COVID no PCP classes were being conducted in Study Centres so that we can prepare for Exams! We also didn’t have any online or offline classes even as all Tuition classes were closed!
9. NIOS also covers 11th + 12th Class Syllabus for Senior secondary which is
impossible to cover for us in such a short span of time.
10. Teachers are vaccinated but not Students. If anything happens to any one student
who is responsible for his/her life?
Therefore, it’s a humble request that:
NIOS board should cancel its October exams just as the June session exams were cancelled and promote on the basis of TMA + Practical. Even October batch students are from the same.