Mass Communications Practical Question
1. On the basis of this exercise, can you now give a simple definition of communication?
Ans – Social interrelationship have to be made through communication massages.
2. What are the two conditions for communication to take place ?
(a) First Position – A person send a massage.
(b) second Position – A person receives the massage.
3. What are 5 examples of non verbal communication?
- Facial expressions- The human face is extremely expressive, able to convey countless emotions without saying a word
- Body movement and posture
- Eye contact
4. What are 5 examples of verbal communication?
- Advising others regarding an appropriate course of action.
- Conveying feedback in a constructive manner emphasizing specific, changeable behaviors.
- Disciplining employees in a direct and respectful manner.
- Giving credit to others.
5. Mention at least 5 different radio formats.
- Proclamation – this is specifically for informational purpose that mentions about the broadcast, frequency, time and program you put on the radio.
- Radio Varta – Radio Varta is the oldest format in which scholars or experts are called to speak for 10 or 15 minutes on a particular subject.
- Aankho Dekha Hal – Wherever we are, we can listen to the eyes of the match on the radio. The eyes seen on the radio can be on sports, festivals etc.
- News – Radio stations broadcast news bulletins and news programs at intervals of every hour. All India radio is allowed to broadcast news on radio only.
- Music – Music is the main attraction of radio. One cannot imagine music without music.
6. What are the different types of TV channels?
7. Which is the oldest TV network?
Ans: Founded in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), then owned by General Electric (GE), NBC is the oldest major broadcast network in the United States
8. Which of these channels had more live shows?
Ans: NDTV India, DD Sport, Discovery.
9. What are the most common products advertised? Give 5 examples.
Ans:- Newspaper, pamphlet, Magazine, poster, Handbill
10. What are the most common services advertised? Give 3 examples.
Ans:- Doctor service, educational service, product service.