Home Science Practical Question
1. What is First Aid?
Ans: First Aid is the treatment given to a victim before taking them to the hospital.
2. Select the 4 different methods of cooking food from the following :
- Cooking with moist heat – Simmering, boiling, stewing
- Cooking with dry heat – Baking, Grilling
- Cooking by frying – Deep frying, Shallow frying
- Microwave cooking
3. Why should the vegetables not be washed after cutting?
Ans: Vegetables should not be washed after cutting as it will lead to the loss of minerals and vitamins.
4. What are the qualities you look for while buying a good quality fabric?
- The fabric should absorb moisture.
- The weave should be close together- this means that the fabric is strong.
- The fabric should have a soft and smooth texture.
5. What do you understand by warp and weft?
- Straight yarns in fabrics are known as Warp yarns
- Horizontal yarns in fabrics are known as Weft yarns.
6. Examples of common fabrics woven using plain weave.
7. Why should vegetables not be cut into tiny pieces?
Ans: There will be a greater loss of nutrients.
8. A fiber on burning smells like burnt milk. Is it an animal fiber or a plant fiber?
Ans: Animal Fiber
9.What will happen if you use a hard scrubber on plastics?
Ans: The plastic will get scratches.
10. If the residue of a burnt fiber is a hard bead, which fiber would it be?